Newly Built 2016
Verizon relocated from an existing in-line space at a nearby shopping center to this new building in 2016. The improvements are easily accessible off of State Road 37, the main retail thoroughfare in Martinsville. The site sits just off of the signalized intersection of Grand Valley Blvd and State Road 37 and is located directly across from Martinsville High School (1,700+ students). The property is shadow anchored by a Walmart Supercenter and also benefits from numerous surrounding retailers such as Dollar Tree, PetSmart, Sherwin Williams, Steak N Shake, White Castle, Chili’s, Arby’s, Texas Corral, and Wendy’s.
A triple net lease (triple–Net or NNN) is a lease agreement on a property where the tenant or lessee agrees to pay all real estate taxes, building insurance, and maintenance (the three “nets”) on the property in addition to any normal fees that are expected under the agreement (rent, utilities, etc.)
- The tenant is able to effectively control their real estate
- The landlord’s investment is passive, and the tenant absorbs increases in operating expenses (real estate taxes, capital repairs, etc.)
- The tenants are normally willing to sign longer term leases (10-20 years)
A building lot separated or separable from a commercial development, the selling of which provides liquidity for the developer.
Yes you can as freestanding building are separately platted parcels. This is extremely advantageous to both the tenants and owners.
- High demand from tenants. This demand remains strong as newer types of retailers have emerged and compete for the prime visibility and easy access (Urgent Care Centers and ER Centers, Dental Care, Wireless Carrier Stores).
- Tenants desire the visibility as well as the control over their real estate. The building and signage reflects the retailers brand and image. Whereas in a shopping center a retailer would only get to put up a sign on the building, in a freestanding building the entire building is designed by the retailer. High visibility builds brands.
- Majority of NNN retailers are national or regional tenants that have meticulous site selection criteria models (they know where they want to be which is why they sign the longer term leases and invest in their properties the way they do)